Friday, February 3, 2012

I RIDE THE LINE


'This is why I ride. Because in a world where more and more we are focused on the comfortable, on the ease with which technology allows us to live our everyday lives, riding is still hard and sometimes uncomfortable, and if you ride long enough and hard enough you will know what it feels like to physically fail. These are moments of solitude and clarity where, if I can say this without sounding too cliché, we can see what we are made of. It’s what allows me a window of a few hours to step outside the safe world around me, test the limits of what I know, and then come back and take a hot shower knowing that tomorrow if it gets to be too much, I can always run away again.'

read the full article by Justin Lindine on embrocation cycling journal.

No comments: