Friday, June 29, 2012
This is THE SUMMER OF BIKES in New York City! And the BFF is back! BICYCLE FILM FESTIVAL WORLD TOUR commences in New York for its 12th consecutive year!! Bicycle Film Festival launches in New York and then will continue to Helsinki, Moscow, Istanbul, Hong Kong, London,LINE OF SIGHT (Dir. Benny Zenga) by legendary cycling cinematographer Lucas Brunelle, and SHAY ELLIOT: CYCLE OF BETRAYAL (Dir. Martin Dwan) about Ireland’s first professional cyclist and the incredible events surrounding his career and life.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Friday, June 22, 2012
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Reasons why you should drop US$39,000 for this beauty of a bike:
1. It is set to be a collector's showpiece with only 77 such bikes being made.
2. Dubbed as ‘the world’s most technologically advanced road bicycle’ by the company, the bicycle features a data logging system that provides over ‘100 channels of performance feedback’ such as crank torque, leg power and crank force for both legs.
3. It is also able to provide other measurements such as acceleration, wasted leg power and rear wheel speed, and the traditional measurements like speed, heart rate and GPS location.
4. The One-77 Cycle is made with a carbon frame—that can be painted in seven exclusive Aston Martin colors—with ‘hand-stitched’ saddle and handlebars reflecting Aston Martin’s elegant craftsmanship.
5. It is beautifully engineered and elegantly designed.
6. Last but not least, life's too short to not be having the best money can buy.
[via Factor Bikes and DesignTaxi]
Posted by jsonja at Thursday, June 21, 2012
Friday, June 15, 2012
To coincide with the london opening of the first 'BMW i store', BMW presents the new 'BMW i pedelec' (pedal electric cycle) foldable concept bike.
Composed of lightweight aluminum and carbon fibre, the 3-speed bicycle is fitted with an electric motor that assists the rider's pedaling up to 16mph (25 km/hr), with a range of about 16-25 miles (25 - 40 km). two folded bikes are designed to fit in the trunk of the 'BMW i3 concept car'. The battery attains a full quick charge is 1.5 hours (4 hours on normal units), from either a wall outlet or a socket in the trunk of the 'i3'. When riding downhill, the electric hub motor functions as a generator, recuperating kinetic energy for the battery!
Posted by jsonja at Friday, June 15, 2012
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Thursday, June 7, 2012
The cycle-targeted multitool by Ideacious is "designed to fit the majority of handlebars," and the entire thing bends like a snake so it can be shoved past the bend that occurs after the handle. Standard driver bits of your choosing can be tucked into each section of the InCOG Biketool, allowing you to customize the tool as needed. There's also a tire repair kit that fits into the other handle, and both kits are meant to lock into place by means of a proprietary driver to prevent thievery.
Posted by jsonja at Thursday, June 07, 2012