Saturday, January 2, 2010

+++


'Cyclists: Know Your Enemy

I’ve been wanting to do something equivalent to this for some time. But what is intended to be tongue-in-cheek always veers into rant the more words I apply. As an urban cyclist you need to be very aware of things happening in the distance. Perhaps it reflects badly on me, but I stereotype drivers by what they drive. If I see a 5-Series coming, odds are he’s a 40-something exec in a hurry to get to his mistress’ house (see, rant). If I see a Micra (specifically with an elderly driver), they are pretty sure to do something mind-blowingly dangerous and not even realize. Santa Fes are full of kids and shouting at them takes precedent over looking where you’re going. I react to these predictions accordingly, and more often than not I’m pretty spot on with my assumptions.

This is my current top 10 of red flag cars*. The ones you can bet on to honk at you for endangering their €80k tank as you cycle to work in the snow this winter.

*This is very Europe-specific. I’d love to see some international equivalents.'

via inevitablefragments.

No comments: